Fall 2018: Design Laboratory
Electronics and Telecommunications, 5th semester of Eng studies
Laboratory Cybersecurity, Reliability and Risk
Teacher: Piotr Chołda, Dr. habil. (office hours: Fridays, 11.15AM-12.45PM, send an e-mail to appoint a meeting).
In the Cybersecurity, Reliability and Risk laboratory, we conduct research related to the design, configuration, and development of the methods to deal with adversary events in telecommunications.
Equipment: Workstation, servers, network devices
Proposals of projects: The aim of the projects will be to develop and test simple systems/applications implementig security/reliability concepts in the network environment. Examples:
- Malware discovery with machine learning.
- Behavioral biometry.
- Blockchains-based telecommunication systems.
- Post-quantum cryptography.
- Improvement of security for web applications.
- Network watermarking.
- Network steganography.
- Security of SDN networks.
- Reliability of SDN networks.
Project teams will be consisting of up to 3 students.
Deadlines: in order to keep the work’s progress, obligatory deadlines are enforced
- Until 2018-11-15: formation of a project team, selection of a topic (the teacher will provide necessary information).
- Until 2018-12-21: presentation of the project concept and the intermediary results to the teacher (in the form of slides).
- Until 2019-01-04: implementation of a system (it is necessary to show the running system to the teacher).
- Until 2019-01-25: presentation of a full project report to the teacher (up to 5 pages of text).
Calendar of the SNDRoute lab: