AGH – University of Science and Technology
Bogusław Cyganek received his M.Sc. degree in electronics in 1993, then in computer science in 1996, from the AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow, Poland. He obtained his Ph.D. degree cum laude in 2001 with a thesis on correlation of stereo images, and D.Sc. degree in 2011 with a thesis on methods and algorithms of object recognition in digital images. During the recent years, Dr. Boguslaw Cyganek has been cooperating with many scientific centers in development of computer vision systems. He has also gained several years of practical experience working as a Software Development Manager and a Senior Software Engineer both in the USA and Poland. He is currently a researcher and lecturer at the Department of Electronics, AGH University of Science and Technology. His research interests include computer vision, pattern recognition, as well as development of programmable devices and embedded systems. He is an author or a co-author of over ninety conference and journal papers and four books including "An Introduction to 3D Computer Vision Techniques and Algorithms", as well as "Object Detection and Recognition in Digital Images: Theory and Practice", published by Wiley. Dr. Cyganek is a member of the IEEE, SPIE, IAPR and SIAM.
1. A lecture entitled „Selected Methods of Object Recognition and Scene Reconstruction” in Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt Berlin, Germany, 12th October 2011. Lecture on modern methods and techniques of image analysis developed on AGH University of Science and Technology in Kraków (Invited by prof. Ralf Reulke from Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and Gruppenleiter am Deutschen Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt, Berlin).
2. A lecture “Tensors in pattern recognition”, given on the meeting of the SIGML group, Warsaw, 12th November 2013.
3. A lecture entitled “TENSORS in Machine Learning” given on invitation from the ENGINE project - European research centre of Network intelliGence for INnovation Enhancement, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Wroclaw, Poland, on 16th December 2015.
4. A plenary keynote “Tensor Methods in Data Analysis and Pattern Recognition” on the conference: The 11th International Conference on Hybrid Artificial Intelligence Systems, Seville, Spain, in 18th-20th April of 2016. Organized by Pablo de Olavide University of Seville.
5. A keynote speech „Overview of tensor methods in image processing and computer vision”, given on 11th May 2016, conference MEDUSA Computer Systems in Medicine and Health, 11th-12th May 2016, Poland Conference and Training Center ,,CIS’’, Szczyrk, 2016.
6. A plenary lecture entitled “Computational Aspects of Data Processing and Pattern Recognition with Tensor Methods” (keynote speech), on 9th June 2016, International Conference On Computational Science, workshop Nonstationary Models of Pattern Recognition and Classifier Combinations, San Diego, California, U.S.A., 6-8 June, 2016.
7. Invited plenary lecture on “Data Mining with Tensor Methods: Introduction and Recent Advances”, given on 25th June 2016 on the International Conference on Data Mining and Big Data (IC-DMBD’2016), Bali Indonesia, 25-27 June, 2016.
8. Invited plenary lecture “Data Processing and Pattern Recognition with Tensors”, 5th September 2016, given on The Third European Network Intelligence Conference ENIC, 2016, Wrocław, Poland.
9. Invited plenary lecture “Tensor Based Signal Processing - Introduction and Recent Advances”, 7th September 2016, The International Conference on Signals and Electronic Systems, ICSES 2016, Kraków, Poland.