My current topics of interest are as follows:
- Optimization of programmable networks.
- Machine learning in network management.
- Risk engineering (including reliability and cybersecurity) in network design.
I have worked in different EU projects:
- RECODIS: Resilient communication services protecting end-user applications from disaster-based failures, EU COST Project, CA COST Action CA15127, 2015-2018
- STAR: SwiTching And tRansmission, EU FP7 CHIST-ERA Project, 2013-2015
- Euro-NF: Anticipating the Network of the Future – From Theory to Design, EU FP7 Project No. 216366, NoE, 2008-2011
- SmoothIT: Simple Economic Management Approaches of Overlay Traffic in Heterogeneous Internet Topologies, EU FP7 Project No. 216259, STREP, 2008-2011
- NOBEL II: Next Generation Optical Network for Broadband European Leadership phase 2, EU FP6 Project No. 027305, IP, 2007-2008
- Euro-FGI: Design and Engineering of the Future Generation Internet – Towards Convergent Multi-service Networks, EU FP6 Project No. 028022, NoE, 2006-2008
- NOBEL: Next Generation Optical Network for Broadband in Europe, EU FP6 Project No. 506760, IP, 2004-2006
- Euro-NGI: Design and Engineering of the Next Generation Internet – Towards Convergent Multi-service Networks, EU FP6 Project No. 507613, NoE, 2003-2006